Quarriers Glasgow North West Carers provides practical help and emotional support to unpaid carers and their families in the North West of Glasgow. We know that looking after someone can be an isolating and debilitating experience and we are here to help Carers manage their caring role and maintain their own health and wellbeing.
Quarriers have Investors in People Platinum accreditation and are one of only two social care organisations in Scotland to have this prestigious award.
We are looking for a Carer Support Worker to improve the wellbeing of unpaid Carers and their families to enable them to continue in their caring role and support them to have a life of their own. The successful candidate has a number of key objectives and accountabilities including:
• Assisting with the development of innovative and creative approaches to working with carers living with a range of challenges at home
• Offer practical and emotional support to carers
• Maintain collaborative working relationships between the service and colleagues in the Glasgow Carers Partnership
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between the service and other professionals in order to improve assessment and support processes for carers
• Adhere to a recording system within the project which will contribute to the evaluation and development of the project in the future.
Please note that IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
Applicants also must have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland's leading social care charities. We provide much-needed care and support for thousands of vulnerable children, young people, adults and families to reach their true potential.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
What we offer
Help with training and development
• We offer externally recognised SVQ qualifications.
• We are an SVQ accredited centre.
• We offer training on job specific skills (medication, epilepsy, safer handling etc.).
• The opportunity to work relief in another service.
Help with family life
• Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
• Access to HSF Employee Benefits service.
Extra support when you need it
• Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
• Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
• Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
• Workplace pension.
• Christmas savings scheme.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Long service rewards.