We are offering a wonderful opportunity for 2 driven and focused individuals to join the very successful and high performing Business Development and Fundraising Department as Grants Officers. Quarriers provides practical care and support for vulnerable children, adults and families who face extremely challenging circumstances across Scotland. We challenge poverty and inequality of opportunity to bring about positive changes in people’s lives.
The Grants Officer role will work within the Grants Team to help transform the lives of the people supported by Quarriers by writing compelling, concise and convincing proposals to, and managing relationships with, a range of funders, including governmental bodies, lottery distributors, trusts and foundations, in order to maximise income for existing and new Quarriers services;
You will also work collaboratively with the wider Business Development and Fundraising Department to provide mutual support as necessary and to optimise opportunities for developing Quarriers’ business through synergies between grants and tenders.
The successful candidate has a number of key objectives and accountabilities including:
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of relevant grant making opportunities and an understanding of the broader funding landscape, to ensure Quarriers can make optimal use of all relevant grant funding.
- Work closely with Operational colleagues to encourage a steady pipeline of eligible and completive service proposals, rooted in the person-centered and outcomes-driven approaches, upon which to base funding applications.
Please note that IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
The successful candidate must have a full driver’s license and access to own transport.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland's leading social care charities. We provide much-needed care and support for thousands of vulnerable children, young people, adults and families to reach their true potential.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
WHAT WE OFFER
Help with training and development
- We offer externally recognised SVQ qualifications.
- We are an SVQ accredited centre.
- We offer training on job specific skills (medication, epilepsy, safer handling etc.).
- The opportunity to work relief in another service.
Help with family life
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
- Access to HSF Employee Benefits service.
Extra support when you need it
- Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
- Workplace pension.
- Christmas savings scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Long service rewards.