Care to join us? Then come reach your full potential at Quarriers.
Do you have a passion for people and care about helping others live fulfilling lives? We are looking for caring individuals who share Quarriers values.
Quarriers Family Support Service provides family based short breaks for significantly disabled children and young people from birth to age 25.
Quarriers have Investors in People Platinum accreditation and are one of only two social care organisations in Scotland to have this prestigious award. We also pay sleepover hours at £9.00 per hour.
We are looking for a Sessional Family Support Worker to assist in the provision of individualised person centred support to children with disabilities and their families. To contribute to and follow the child’s own outcome based support plan, as part of a team, under the guidance and direction of the local management team in the office base, community or family home.
The successful candidate has a number of key objectives and accountabilities including:
- Assist in the promotion of physical & emotional wellbeing and general health of children we support, by building on their feelings of security, responsibility and worth.
- Contribute to the planning, reporting and reviewing of the individual’s person centred, outcome based support plan using SHANARRI indicators. Completing daily recording & summaries as required.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of professional and caring relationships between parents and children in pursuit of their personal development, by providing access to skill development, both social and practical.
- Support the formation of appropriate relationships out with Quarriers to enable the child to sustain and build their own social circle and support network.
- Participate alongside the children in social, leisure, learning and work activities as appropriate eg attending college, swimming, sports groups, and independent living skills such as cooking.
- Participate in teamwork, developing professional relationships with the staff team and with significant others such as the person’s family, advocates, social work and health professionals and Quarriers functional support departments to benefit the overall support provided to the individual.
- Take responsibility for own personal and professional development and contributing to the positive work practice of others to ensure the highest quality of service is provided.
- Follow Quarriers internal and National Standards and Policies including Codes of Professional Conduct.
- Representing the individual and Quarriers at appointments and reviews as required.
Please note that IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
Successful candidates will have a full, cleaning driving license and access to their own transport.
For further information, please contact Martin Gordon on 01387 249888.
Where applicable, successful candidates will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of start date.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. We are a SVQ accredited centre. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland's leading social care charities. We provide much-needed care and support for thousands of vulnerable children, young people, adults and families to reach their true potential.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
WHAT WE OFFER
Help with training and development
- We offer externally recognised SVQ qualifications.
- We are an SVQ accredited centre.
- We offer training on job specific skills (medication, epilepsy, safer handling etc.).
- The opportunity to work additional hours in another service.
Help with family life
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
- Opportunity to join our HSF Employee Benefits service.
Extra support when you need it
- Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
- Workplace pension.
- Christmas savings scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Long service rewards.