Care to join us? Then come reach your full potential at Quarriers.
Do you have a passion for people and care about helping others live fulfilling lives? We are looking for caring individuals who share Quarriers values.
Quarriers Carers Support Service provides support for carers of all ages who look after a young person with a disability. We recognise that every caring situation is different and every carer is different, therefore we will work with the carer to help prioritise their needs so that we can access the advice, information and support to best meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Quarriers have Investors in People Platinum accreditation and are one of only two social care organisations in Scotland to have this prestigious award. We also pay sleepover hours at £9.30 per hour.
We are looking to recruit 3 Part Time Family Wellbeing Workers to improve the wellbeing of carers of all ages who look after a young person with a disability in Dumfries & Galloway, enabling them to maintain their caring role, where appropriate, and supporting them to achieve a life of their own alongside providing care. The successful candidates will have responsibilities within a specific geographic area, but will be required to work across Dumfries & Galloway in support of service delivery, and may be based in different venues depending on service requirements. These positions are open to applicants throughout Dumfries & Galloway working in either our Dumfries or Stranraer office basis.
The successful candidate has a number of key objectives and accountabilities including:
- Support for carers of all ages who look after a young person with a disability.
- To improve the wellbeing of carers and enabling them to maintain their caring role, where appropriate, and supporting them to achieve a life of their own alongside providing care.
- To facilitate group and individual learning/activity programmes for carers and families, where appropriate.
- Reliable, flexible working hours which may include evenings and weekends.
Please note that IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
Successful candidates will have a full, clean driving licence and access to their own transport.
For further information, please contact Martin Gordon on 01387 249888.
Where applicable, successful candidates will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of start date.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. We are a SVQ accredited centre. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland's leading social care charities. We provide much-needed care and support for thousands of vulnerable children, young people, adults and families to reach their true potential.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Help with training and development
- We offer externally recognised SVQ qualifications.
- We are an SVQ accredited centre.
- We offer training on job specific skills (medication, epilepsy, safer handling etc.).
- The opportunity to work additional hours in another service.
Help with family life
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
- Opportunity to join our HSF Employee Benefits service.
Extra support when you need it
- Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
- Workplace pension.
- Christmas savings scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Long service rewards.