Care to join us? Then come reach your full potential at Quarriers
Do you have a passion for people and care about helping others live fulfilling lives? We are looking for an individual who shares Quarriers values.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part Time Communications Officer to work within the Marketing & External Relations Department. The successful candidate will manage and grow a busy social media portfolio and assist with story telling across a variety of established and new channels. Working with a highly collaborative team, you will contribute to a variety of exciting initiatives across a wide range of services. This post plays a vital role in sharing important news both internally and externally to a wide number of stakeholders. Working hours are flexible and given the nature of social media, coverage and monitoring is required across a working week.
Quarriers have Investors in People Platinum accreditation and are one of only two social care organisations in Scotland to have this prestigious award.
The successful candidate has a number of key objectives and accountabilities including:
- Source, edit, write and produce fortnightly internal newsletter; manage image permissions and consent
- Update intranet; news stories, homepage and file upload
- Update website; post news stories, text updates, amend copy and liaise with services
External Communications - Social Channels
- Active daily management and monitoring of social channels; content planning, liaison with departments and services; responding to and signposting comments and messages
- Manage social ad campaigns for recruitment and fundraising, considering specific targets and goal setting; driving traffic to website and other areas
- Explore new channels to reach increased audience
- Contribute to online growth, content and engagement strategies for organisational social channels and website
- Ensure channels reflect organisational message, tone of voice
- Ensure Quarriers' branding is consistently used and applied to internal and external communications
- Identify, curate and gather information, photos and consent to be used in media releases
- Work alongside external PR Agency
- Identify all possible internal and external channels for news stories
Please note that IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland's leading social care charities. We provide much-needed care and support for thousands of vulnerable children, young people, adults and families to reach their true potential.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Help with training and development
- We offer externally recognised SVQ qualifications.
- We are an SVQ accredited centre.
- We offer training on job specific skills
Help with family life
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
- Opportunity to join our HSF Employee Benefits service.
Extra support when you need it
- Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
- Workplace pension.
- Christmas savings scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Long service rewards.